Sunday, July 08, 2007

Spring 2Q07 Highlights

Time for the quarterly highlights post. These posts have been chosen with a particular focus on significant ideas I'd like to see kept alive for discussion and action, and they're mainly targeted at new readers who want to get caught up with a quick overview of the Houston Strategies landscape. I also like to track what I think of as "reference posts" that sum up a particular topic or argument.

Don't forget we offer an email option for the roughly twice/week posts - see the Google Groups subscription signup box in the right sidebar. An RSS feed link (Atom) is also available. As always, thanks for your readership.

June
May
April
From Winter 1Q07:

March
February
January
And don't forget the highlights from the first two years. For what it's worth, I think the best ideas are found there, often in the first year (I had a lot "stored up" before I started blogging).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, July 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tory,

The last post was excellent probably the best discussion I have seen yet. I normally agree with you, but on one account I agree with the others on that post. One story does not make a case for or against transit. I know that is not what you meant by your story, but it sure seemed like it.

An anecdote that once and for all proves how great transit is:)


Got off from work at lunch today. I needed to go to the med center to get my hearing aids fixed. I hate driving in the med center, and the methodist garage costs alot. I also needed to get some lunch. I parked near the Rice station for free, caught the train to methodist. Did my business there, then caught the train to downtown and ate at Treebeards ( excellent restuarant by the way ). Then rode back to my original station. Spent the time on the full trains catching up on my reading.

Extra time spent: approx fifteen minutes

Money saved: approx five dollars

increase in the pleasantness of my day: a whole hell of a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home